Your thinking can make you healthy...or fat
From what I researched on the Internet – and it must be true if it is on the Internet – we speak about 120-200 words per minute.
However, when we think, we can process about 400-600 words per minute or even more.
That is a lot of words.
And as a consequence, now you know why it is so easy to talk yourself into eating a whole bag of Doritos!
Talking to yourself
With our thinking we can justify many different excuses:
- “I have no time to exercise,” even though we know exercise always makes us feel better afterwards.
- “I am just too busy at work to eat a healthy meal and my boss is unreasonable"
- “I deserve some comfort food to help the stress of a busy work day.” And so we think some more, “I think I will stop at In and Out Burger.”
- “The economy is so bad that I cannot get a job... I have no reason to get off the couch
And we may think, “I don’t have a reason to exercise or eat healthy...pass me the Mothers’ taffy cookies...and fast!”
What you let yourself think about can be the difference of weight loss or weight gain.
Where is the battleground?
The biggest battle you will face in weight loss is not what “diet” are you going to try, but what thoughts you will think.
Your mind and thoughts are the battleground for weight loss. And, it is a battle you need to win.
Realize where the battle happens
First, realize that the battle going on in your thought life is very real. The success of your health is at the mercy of your thoughts. If you don’t win the battle of your thoughts, you will always struggle with weight loss.
- Understand just how important it is to fill your mind with good positive words and thoughts.
- If the battleground is in the mind, then what you read and what you listen to is the key to your weight loss.
It is worth the effort
It is easier to think of reasons why we should NOT exercise or why we should NOT eat healthy. It is just part of our human nature to take the easy path, even when it concerns our thoughts.
It will take effort to fill your mind with thoughts of health and self-control. But the good news is, it is possible to change the way you think and it begins with a simple choice.
What are you going to think about - today?
Don't say, “Well, I am going to start a new program next week,” and then you set some huge goal that is always in the future.
The battle for weight loss happens on the battlefield...which happens to be between your two ears. Start working on your thoughts today - Even if it is just a baby step.
Scriptures used in this post