Getting started with 89days.net
If you are new - Welcome!
This page will give you a quick overview of what is available on this website.
The purpose of 89days.net is to give you tools to help you succeed at daily Bible study.
Because we live in a new digital world, I created some digital tools that can help you develop and maintain the daily habit of Bible study.
If you have any questions feel free to contact me.
“Dear friend, I pray that you are doing well in every way. I pray that your body is strong and well even as your soul is.” 3 John 1:2
Why the name 89 days?
A few years ago I learned of a Bible study plan called "the cell rule of Optima". The plan is simple.
There are 89 chapters of the Gospels. Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.
By reading one chapter of the Gospels per day, and then 2 chapters of the rest of the New Testament (Acts-Revelation) for a total of 3 chapters per day, you will go through the New Testament in just 89 Days. This is a plan I use daily and really enjoy it. And so I adopted the name 89 days.
Here is a short description of the tools available on this website.
Free e- books ready to use on Kindle, tablets and all smartphones.
- DAILY DEVOTIONS: WALKING DAILY IN THE NEW TESTAMENT AND PROVERBS - This FREE e-book uses the 89 days plan, but it also include a portion of the Book of Proverbs. So in 89 days you will go through the New Testament and Proverbs.
- PROVERBS. WISDOM FROM THE BIBLE - This FREE e-book is just the book of Proverbs from the Bible.
- 89 DAY READING SCHEDULE CHART - This chart will help you keep track of your daily reading. Free download and printable.
Audio of The New Testament and Proverbs
- FREE - AUDIO OF THE GOSPEL OF JOHN - All 21 chapters each chapter a separate mp3, or there is one mp3 of the whole book. This is a great book to start your audio experience of the Bible. John had a very special relationship with Jesus. He also wrote 5 books in the New Testament. The Gospel of John is free to download.
- AUDIO OF PROVERBS. WISDOM FROM THE BIBLE - Proverbs is known as the “Book of Wisdom” because it provides instruction on how to live happily, successfully, and victoriously. It is jam-packed with tips, advice, and insight that, if applied, can change your relationships, your attitudes, and your life. You will be blessed as you listen each day. Thirty-one chapters of Proverbs make it easy to listen to one chapter each day of the month. With thirty-one total chapters of Proverbs, each in a separate mp3 file, it is easier than ever to add a chapter to your playlist on your mp3 player or smartphone. One chapter of wisdom each day for every day of the month to rejuvenate your mind!
- AUDIO OF THE NEW TESTAMENT - This audio presentation is not just a normal program where you go through the New Testament from start to finish. No, it is very different because each day you get a full chapter of the Gospel (the Good News). Then also each day you listen to 2 chapters of the rest of the New Testament. This audio presentation is truly an experience in God’s Word that will be with you all day long. By following this plan, Matthew 1 and Acts 1-2 are on the first day, and then the last Gospel chapter, John 21, is read on the very same day as Revelation 21-22.
Smartphone and tablet apps for the iPhone and Android
PROVERBS - AUDIO AND TEXT - (iPhone or Android only $.99 cents) On this app, the audio is streaming the Book of Proverbs. Listen to or read the Proverbs every day. "Above all things seek wisdom".
The World English Bible is the version used in the ebooks and all audio. It is an easy to read modern day english version based on the American Standard Version of the Bible which was first published in 1901. The World English Bible was created for the purpose of sharing the Word of God in modern english without a copyright - free in the Public Domain. You can learn more about the World English Bible here: https://worldenglishbible.org/